Thursday, October 29, 2009

go getter!

Dear Blog,

I know that it's only been 2 weeks being posted to O&G...but, this is fun!

I mean...minus all the sarcasm and scolding and being disappointed and stuff, this posting's really got some sorta magnetic force pulling me towards it. Thanks to this really great lecturer of mine, Dr. Rahana. I really like how she teaches. From the beginning, I was expecting some hardcore moulding by her but, turns out...she's way cooler than what people give her "credit" for.

She's strict, yes.
She's got anger issues, sometimes.
She makes scary faces when she's mad, definitely.

However, knowing that she'll react that way makes me not want to disappoint her.

And with that motivation, I put all disappointment, hurt, anger and embarrassment behind me and just work harder than I used to. Not only that, I've got great friends with me to help go through this posting - Ain Musa, Lia, Fatin, Assila & Amzar. Thanks so much guys =) You guys make it even more bearable.

A friend of mine cried today, at the tutorial room. I felt sad for her. She's under a lot of stress. She sleeps late at night to study, and I always see her sleeping at the Bilik Tutor. She received a couple of scoldings starting last week, and she couldn't really take it. I understand. We all do. That's why we're here for you, no matter what =)

I presented a short case just now. I think it wasn't half bad, for a second try. I think the doc saw improvements, coz after I was done I saw her nod her head twice - which is like.....wheeeeeee! for me! hehe. I feel so relieved. Next week, Ain, Lia, Matun and May's turn hehehe.

Oklah, like I wrote at my YM shoutout, "I wanna reward myself to some McD!" hehehe. I deserve some fat in me hahahaha. Errr...don't be too happy Farah. When there's ups, there will always be downs. Prepare yourself for tomorrow's ward round coz the patient at your bed has been discharged. Visit the ward tonight to see if you have another patient, otherwise, it's a 6.45am walk to the ward again...lol.

.who's hungry? l e n a.

2 comments:

the unknown said...

juz wondering, how does Dr. Rahana teach u? which caught ya fancy..

hmm.. why is ur fren stressed out?

:P ive been slackin a bit with work.

how do u find the strength to put all the disappointment and etc aside and focus on workin hard? any tips?

l e n a said...

i remember the first thing she told me which was "ok, we'll start our bedside teaching during your 3rd week bcoz I don't want to start when your brain is empty. if kamu semua bersemangat nak belajar, saya bersemangat nak ajar."

she scolds you like any other supervisor, but she also gives you credit for working hard and teaches more if you make an effort to learn. it makes one not want to disappoint her. i'm a lazy ass student, but with her, i don't mind spending extra hours on em books.

my friend's stressed out bcoz she can't take the constant pressure and burden that we go through everyday with the ward rounds, bedside teaching, lectures, workshops, on call and night duties. the topics to read are ridiculous compared to the little free time that we have.

my tip is, you have to set your mind to just go with the flow, have fun with what you're doing and expect the worst...lol.