So, like all things in life...everything expires.
Food
Drinks
Clothes
Anything electronic
Guitar strings
Lifespan for all living things (wish I knew my expiration date though hehe)
(Oooohh...except plastic bags. Those aren't biodegradable. Save the earth!)
Those are pretty much what I can dig up superficially from my shallow brain.
Currently, I've just entered my new semester here in UKM. No, classes haven't started yet...thank god. I don't think my brain's fully functional at the moment. You ask me all things medic and I'll tell you to Google it. Why? Coz that's what we human beings do nowadays anyway. That's what the Internet's for...Mass Media. A whole virtual portal of information. I mean, don't tell me you don't Google those symptoms before heading over to the nearest Clinic or Hospital? C'mon.
Owh. Another thing to add to the list of expiration dates - Knowledge. Education as a whole does not expire, but that knowledge which we all seek, if we don't refresh those locked information in our brains it'll get lost somewhere.
So if classes haven't started yet, what the heck am I doing back on campus you ask?
One word. Research. Or, 3 words - Special Study Module a.k.a. "SSM". These 3 letters are not just any letter. No sir-ee. They are a heavy burden heaved on our shoulders.
Every 4-5th year student were allocated to their respective groups headed by a supervisor from different departments in the hospital. We were given tasks to do a research based on the department we were assigned to.
Heavy. It pretty much reeks (I can just smell the distasteful stench of lazy students everyday haha). But, also just another bump on the road. Nothing us students can't manage. I guess, giving a positive thought to it...it'll prove handy if you are to further study your masters.
We have to play with statistics and submit a journal based on our research and present our findings during the Scientific Meeting this coming -31st May 2011-. I was offered a role to be the MC for one of the presentations but I dunno. 2 other friends of mine were also offered the same spot, which is weird. 3 different MC's for just one role? If I know me, and I think I do know me, I'd prolly just tell them to stick with the other 2. At least we know they've got the guts to become an MC yang berwibawa.
How is my team's research going? So nice of you to ask. Well, it's going well I hope. We've keyed in all our collected data and are currently trying to figure out how to calculate them on this software called IBM SPSS Statistics version 19. It's a software programmed to assist the statistic-challenged minds (like us) from keying in your data and just click some stuff and ta-daa! All calculated pronto with graphs and tables to boot.We were taught on how to use that software some 2 to 3 years ago.
Hell-OooOoO.
2 to 3 years ago? Seems forever. Of course, most of us forgot already. Like I said, knowledge expires.
Chi-friggin'square. Annova thingy. Dah tak ingat dah.
I went through some of those last minute study week notes on my table for both Paediatrics and Orthopaedics posting just now. Boy, they're a mess and they're all over the place. Reflected how I felt after my exams I guess. I was flustered. I was disoriented. Leaving campus was the only thing on my mind that very last day of my finals.
I was thinking of organizing my notes during these 7 weeks of "research". If there ain't much to do, find something to do. But, in order to that I need to get those ring notes, stickers, colored paper and some folders. Prolly re-stock my writing materials.
And in order to do that, I need those little, but significant colorful paper things with pictures of faces and buildings on 'em...or what we call "money". That's right. Broke as hell.
.Money expires too I guess (hmmm...add that to the list). l e n a.

No comments:
Post a Comment