Wednesday, December 15, 2010

calling bluff

Dear Blog,

Is it that easy to differentiate between liars and honest people?

I mean, theoretically speaking, yes different muscles of the face reacts differently for every emotion that we feel. But, not everyone reacts the same way...right? The process of the mind also plays a role. If one believes the lie that was told to the very core, should there be any signs of bluff? If one was such a great actor, would he be able to lie in people's faces? If one was expressionless or has no guilty conscience whatsoever...can we still detect these liars?

Possibly. There's always the body language, gestures, voice pitch, monitoring of the baseline heart rate, the increase of autonomic activity...yada-yada-yada.

Watching the show Lie To Me has gotten me keen over observing people's facial expressions and gestures. I mean, I'm no expert...but, it'd be cool to be able to tell the difference and knowing that the people around you are trustworthy.

But, I try to not make it so obvious that someone might actually ask me "what the heck are you looking at?" one of these days, LOL.

Question, does this line of profession exist in my country? I'm starting to think I've found my calling. Hah!

.DON'T lie to me, l e n a.

No comments: